Saturday 6 December 2008

Community

It's sad that I'm quite alone with my rabbit. Some of my not so close friends have Nabaztag, but that's it. One of them keep her rabbit offline all the time because it doesn't work.

When I first joined to Nabaztag owner I think there would be great community where I get new bunny owner friends. But then I realised that the official Nabaztag site is so limited that there is really hard to make friends. I posted some time in unofficial Nabaztag forums but then one of them got shutdown. And all there was was just problems with bunnies. I feel that I miss official forum or site like facebook where you can easily chat and discuss with other people and people would easily make apps for bunnies.

My bunny is still online. And actually it works better Airport Extreme than previous wifi. But there isn't much to my bunny do. It tells the time and then I have subscribed few podcast but nothing more. Sometime some one sends messages and it is very nice. But I miss the RFID and other things... Email notifications don't work. I didn't feel to debug that if did something wrong or it is just Violet.

There was other bunny blogs but people / bunnies don't any more post. I feel that whole community is dying.. if there was any community ever. And I feel that I have not be part of it.

It would nice if you post your feelings about the rabbit community.

---

I don't know if you reveiced this email. I didn't. I got it from friend when I had connection problems. But there it is so if you didn't get you can read it:

Hello,

Violet has moved its platform in order to improve performance and
upgrade the architecture.

Your Rabbit has to be reconfigured in order to keep up with these
changes. Please follow these instructions :
- Unplugg your Rabbit
- Press the button on his head and plug him back
- Keep the button pressed until all lights turn to blue and then
release the button
- From your WiFi-enabled computer, connect to the network NabaztagXX
(where XX are the two last letters of the serial number of your
Rabbit). You might have to refresh the list of available networks in
order to see the Nabaztag wireless network
- Once connected to the Nabaztag network, open your browser at the
following address : http://192.168.0.1 (if you see a page different
than « You are now connected to your Nabaztag » this means that your
are not connected to the Nabaztag wireless network. Restart the
connexion process from scratch)
- When you're on the configuration page of your rabbit, click on the
link 'Click here to start' and then on the link 'Advanced Settings'
- On the bottom of the page, replace the adress of the Violet
platform by r.nabaztag.com/vl (the last letter is a L)
- Click on the button 'Update and Start'
- Your Rabbit will now restart and connect to the Internet and to the
Violet platform with the new settings

If your rabbit turns only 2 or 3 lights to green, reconnect to the
configuration page, change the address of the Violet Platform to 62.
210.186.165/vl (the last letter is a L), and click on the button
'Update and Start'.

Ensure that there is no spaces before and after the « Violet Platform
» address.

If you encounter any trouble during this upgrade process, feel free
to answer this e-mail, we will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,

The Violet Support Team

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I am sorry for the silence! (Your Gmail account) I just sent you an email! Check it out! I explained the situation, I re-connected my Nabaztag/tag, I added you on Flickr. I felt the same like you mentioned on your blog, but now after months I see the rabbit works great since they moved to Jabbber! So I give it a second try! I also ordered a Mir:ror yesterday and did a few Nabaztag posts! Also would like to get in touch with you again and link exchange with your blog if you would like :)


    Sorry again for the long silence

    Joerg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I wonder if your Nabaztag is still alive? This blog is from 2008. I found it by chance just now in 2011.

    I'm a rabbit owner too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, my rabbit is not alive. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://nabaztag.forumactif.fr/

    I've sent you mail. Hope to see your rabbit breathing and happy!

    Usagi

    ReplyDelete